Dexascan is a bone densitometry system that is the most superior technology for measuring bone density and/or Osteoporosis. A bone density measures the health of bones. Dexascan is a non-surgical and painless examination consisting of a very low dose X-ray. Dexascan is also used to assess VFA (vertebral fracture assessment). Identifying and treating patients at risk of fracture, but who have not yet sustained a fracture, will substantially reduce the long-term burden of osteoporosis.
DEXASCAN PREP INSTRUCTIONS
- Wear comfortable clothing and try to avoid clothing with metal zippers, buttons or snaps.
- Do not take any calcium or calcium supplements the day of your exam.
- Bring your insurance card and your order if you were given one by your doctor.
- You will arrive 15 minutes prior to your exam to register and the exam will take approximately 20 minutes.
- Have you had any prior images taken on the area of interest? If so, please either bring them with you or let a staff member know so we can obtain the images and reports for comparison